http://selahafrik.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church-570x300.jpg

The Ooni of Ife, Ooni’risa and Arole Oodua, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II), has said that no one should equate him with God. He stated that “no king on earth is above God.” Reacting to reports where he was berated for kneeling while worshiping God during a thanksgiving service to mark the end of week long activities of his installation, Ooni said “God is the creator of mankind and it is God that made possible the enthronement of any king.”

Ooni’s weeklong coronation activities was climaxed by a thanksgiving service on December 13 at St Paul’s Anglican Church, Ile-Ife In a statement signed by the Director of Communication and Public Affairs, Ooni’s Palace, Ile-Ife, Comrade Moses Olafar, Ooni said: “The Ile Oodua attention has been drawn to a publication released Wednesday 16th 2015 by an online medium in which His Imperial Majesty, Ooni’risa & Arole Oodua, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (OjajaII) was criticized for bowing to God.

It went on: “God remains the highest King of Kings who has kept all Kings alive and had made it possible for me to be crowned as a King of the source of Yoruba civilization. “I have no regret whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God, who did not only create me but also has kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my life journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.

“This act of equating me with God of Gods, King of Kings and the sole owner of the universe is a wicked sacrilege, planned to embarrass the throne. My emergence as Oba has been made possible only by the almighty Olodumare to whom I remain eternally grateful.”


Source - NewTelegraph
Axact

Axact

Vestibulum bibendum felis sit amet dolor auctor molestie. In dignissim eget nibh id dapibus. Fusce et suscipit orci. Aliquam sit amet urna lorem. Duis eu imperdiet nunc, non imperdiet libero.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: